Karen is the Food and Beverage manager for the Greek theater in Los Angeles, has a brilliant business mind and also happens to be my sister in law!
In this episode Karen and I talk about:
• Working with an entire staff made up of actors and screen writers
• Secret tunnels under the Greek Theater
• How we learned things before the internet
• A tangent about conspiracy Theories
• Growing up in the restaurant business
• The real reason people go to bars
• Stop Posturing!!!
• The myth of fake it till you make it
• Being genuine and present is everything
• Artists are responsible for the audience they attract
• Lack of humility will destroy us
• Some thoughts for managers
• Developing real friends in the business
• the reality of Backstage
• worrying about people’s opinion of you and then realizing they aren’t thinking about you at all!
• We all just want to be heard
• Succeeding as a woman in a male dominated industry
• Letting passion be the driver
• The power of communal events
... and remembering to be grateful
Please take a moment to rate, share and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts. It makes a huge difference!
Love the show? For as little as $1 a month you can BECOME A PRODUCER