Nick Paul joins me for our first ever crossover podcast! Nick hosts a great podcast called two magicians one mic.
In this episode Nick and I talk about:
* Moving from Florida to Los Angeles
* Driving to LA several times a week
* Taking improv with Maria Bamford
* The difference between magicians and comedians
* Drunk Magic Castle audiences
* Working cruise ships
* I had a nightmare show
* Lunch shows are the worst
* Battling what you love verses what pays the bills
* Become friends with people you were a fan of
* Collaboration is wonderful
* People thinking you have it easy as a performer
* You actually can make a living at this?
* When dinner is served during your show
* Feeling like your a sham
* Pitching other peoples podcasts
* Why we love the medium of podcasts
* Living in the moment
* Getting dressed up to go to Disneyland
* Trying to beat the Facebook algorithm
* Robots are taking over
* Being sent to a camp run by convicts
* How did we survive childhood?
* Finding hope in the midst of challenging times
* Being a good person onstage and offstage
* Doing a fringe festival show
…. and trying to figure out where do we go from here.
Please take a moment to rate, share and subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts. It makes a huge difference!
Love the show? you can BECOME A PRODUCER
You can also support the podcast by shopping our Amazon link