Mark James performs sleight of hand magic and comedy. He is a brilliant performer from the UK and I caught up with him during his week at the magic castle where we recorded a late night podcast.
In this episode Mark and I talk about:
* A lot of people died in Hollywood
* What it’s like to work at the Magic Castle
* Mark is a huge film buff
* LA restaurants that only serve 1 item
* You need to have personal things in your show
* Growing up in the UK
* Should magic be truthful?
* Making your show your own
* Learning to shove a nail in your face
* You need to be unique if you want to get the best gigs
… and why suspense is important
Videos we referenced in this episode:
How to do visual comedy - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FOzD4Sfgag
Alfred Hitchcock mystery vs suspense - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xs111uH9ss
Check out Marks Blog and Website @ www.magicianmarkjames.com
Music for this episode is provided by Catbeach Music. Whether you are looking to score a movie or find the perfect accompaniment for a television show. Catbeach has what you are looking for. Please visit CatBeach Music Today. www.catbeachmusic.com
GET INFO ABOUT UPCOMING LIVE SHOWS
Huge thank you to all the producers for sponsoring the show.
Love the show? For as little as $1 a month you can BECOME A PRODUCER