For over 20 years, Chipper has been bringing his odd brand of infectiously amusing mayhem to audiences around the world at performing arts centers, theaters, cruise ships, casino showrooms, and corporate events. His tours have taking him throughout the United States, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, and Mexico.
He's appeared on The Tonight Show, The Disney Channel, and all FIVE seasons of the CW's Masters Of Illusion, just to name a few.... He's been honored with "Comedy Magician of the Year" twice, as well as "Specialty Act of the Year", and was also nominated twice for "Stage Magician of the Year" by the AMA/Magic Castle.
In this episode Chipper and I discuss:
- Why he loves the Gilmore Girls
- Movie Reels are flammable
- If W.C. Fields lived today...
- Chipper is fascinated with how we look at time
- Being a kid growing up on the road
- A literal family circus
- Going to normal High School was an adjustment
- His first college gig was assisting Illusionist Mark Kalin
- A monster falls of a stage…
- Does your audience know you better when your show is over?
- More pet peeves
- If you’re original you’re not in competition with anyone
- Why buying routines is a slippery slope
- Don’t worry about the Dentists
- Using TV to work out new material
- Performing the same routine from different points of view
- Writing for David Copperfield
- Working with Gary Shandling
- An education in shoe laces
- Performing in Arenas is a whole new ballgame
- Directing other performers
- Chipper won’t let me compliment him
… and being in the moment
Connect with Chipper at thechipperexperience.com
Huge thank you to all the producers for sponsoring the show.
Love the show? For as little as $1 a month you can BECOME A PRODUCER
Leave us a comment or message at abouttobreakpodcast.com
Check out CatBeachMusic.com
Live Show Tickets and info at Taylorhughes.com/live
AUDIO APE Show Control abouttobreakpodcast.com/control